If you click on a link, scroll down a bit to see the chosen artefact. Enjoy the virtual museum.
When you point with your mouse to this section - Artefacts from the Viking Age - then on its direct right side a whole list of the artefacts unfold. By going to the right and choose the artefact you like to see, the page you like to see, opens. I have choosen for this structure, to avoid a long list on top of each page and a lot of scrolling on each page because the menu on top shows all the titles of all artefacts simultaneously.
From top to bottom the artefacts follow these given groups of artefacts from the Viking Age/era:
- artefacts with a distinct Scandinavian/viking decoration and/or art style (found or originating from Scandinavia);
- artefacts with an Anglo-Scandinavian decoration and/or art style (found or originating from England);
- artefacts with an Hiberno-Norse decoration and/or art style (found or originating from Ireland);
- artefacts with a Scandinavian / Rus type of decoration and/or art style wich are found in present Russia or neigbouring countries like Ukrain, partly with a Scandinavian alike art style, partly with a distinct decoration or art style on itself from the Viking Age;
- artefacts with a decoration and/or art style wich are found among the Balts-Finns and Finno-Ugrian tribes in the time the vikings lived.
NOTE: not all my artefacts had found their way to these section yet. Various items I have described in the blogs, other items have to be described yet..so keep an eye open for updates.
ARTIFACTS FROM THE VIKING AGE VIKING TREFOIL BROOCH (AND)
ANOTHER ONE WICH TURNED
OUT TO BE A STRAP
Collecting artefacts makes it possible to hold a 1000 year old artefact in your hand and feel its magic and history.. every piece is carrying it's own always not 100% known, story.
That is the magic of it, the thrill of it all..
ga('create', 'UA-56164482-1', 'auto');
Copyright © All Rights Reserved