The fourth stirrup strap mount is a British find and a rare type in the (Anglo-Scandinavian) Urnes style with entwined beasts, measuring 45 mm x 38 mm
My collection artefacts I have catagorized here as follows:
- artefacts with a distinct Scandinavian/viking decoration and/or art style (found or originating from Scandinavia);
- artefacts with an Anglo-Scandinavian art style (found or originating from England);
- artefacts with an Hiberno-Norse decoration and/or art style (found or originating from Ireland);
- artefacts with a Rus viking type of decoration and/or art style wich are found in present Russia or neigbouring countries like Ukrain, partly with a Scandinavian alike art style, partly with a distinct decoration or art style on itself from the Viking Age;
- artefacts with a decoration and/or art style wich are found among the Slavs, Balts-Finns and Finno-Ugrian tribes in the time the vikings lived.
- artefacts with a (late) Saxon, Anglo-Norman or romanesque style (found in England)
NOTE: not all my artefacts had found their way to these section yet. Various items I have described in the blogs, other items have to be described yet..so keep an eye open for updates.
Collecting artefacts makes it possible to hold a 1000 year old artefact in your hand and feel its magic and history.. every piece is carrying it's own always not 100% known, story.
That is the magic of it, the thrill of it all..
ga('create', 'UA-56164482-1', 'auto');